Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Llandrindod Wells Silver Band

Llandrindod Wells was originally a very small, quiet village. After the Mid-Wales railway line was opened in 1865, the town's mineral springs attracted tourists and it became a popular spa resort. The village rapidly expanded into a small town, with shops, large hotels, and civic buildings, all built in the Victorian style that still gives the town its character today. It was during this boom period, in the 1890s?, that 'Llandrindod Wells Temperance Band' was formed to play at public functions, and to entertain both locals and tourists

Around 1950 the band was disbanded due to the war effort, and reformed in 1969 as 'Llandrindod Wells Silver Band' under the leadership of local men Bert Morgan and Tony Gough.