This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
Until 2002, LGB Brass was known as the Glynde and Beddingham Brass Band.
The band was formed in 1922 by the station master at Glynde, the downland village between Lewes and Glyndebourne opera house. It rehearsed in Glynde Reading Room and all the original players came from the village or nearby Beddingham. Click here to see pictures of the founding members.
Over the years, the band attracted musicians from the surrounding towns of Eastbourne, Lewes and Brighton. Click here for pictures of the band from the 1990s.
To reflect the wider membership, we changed our name in 2002 to Lewes, Glynde and Beddingham Brass - or LGB Brass. At the same time, Lewes Town Council invited us to move our base to the All Saints Arts Centre in Lewes.
We are now able to promote our own concerts in the art centre's auditorium, as well as continue our popular performances throughout East and West Sussex.