Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Hunmanby Silver Band

Hunmanby Silver Band existed before 1880. After the 1914-18 Great War, a prominent local business man, Sir Dennis Bayley supplied a full set of musical instruments and uniforms to form, "The Dennis Bayley Hunmanby Silver Band", which combined with the Hunmanby Brass Band of the time. The Band continued as such, until approximately 1959 when the pressures of military conscription forced the band to fold.

The instruments were loaned to Scarborough Royal Airforce Association who retained them until the Hunmanby Band reformed in 1979, by combining with the then defunct Filey Prize Silver Band. In recognition of this the band changed its name to "The Dennis Bayley Hunmanby and District Silver Band", although it is conveniently abbreviated to "Hunmanby Silver Band". The band has continued since then under the trusteeship of Hunmanby Parish Council.