Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Heage Band

The band began in 1916 when a group of men from the village purchased their own instruments in order to make music. Fund raising efforts, mainly concerts and parades, eventually made possible the purchase of a complete set of instruments and uniforms.

Through the years the band had to rehearse in various public houses and the church hall but in 1974 they bought their own head quarters at Nether Heage.

After completing of the alterations to the Nether Heage head quarters the band them set themselves the task of replacing all of the original instruments this cost 6,500 in the 1970?s, a mammoth task indeed!