Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Enfield Brass Band

The current band originated from the North Middlesex Silver Band and the Enfield Band. The North Middlesex Silver Band was formed around 1911 at Enfield's famous Royal Small Arms Factory, and before the Second World War the band enjoyed a great deal of success in marching competitions and band contests, including fourth place at the National Championships. The Enfield Band also enjoyed success before the war, playing for the crowds at White Hart Lane.

After the war, the North Middlesex Silver and Enfield bands merged, and in 1977 became the Enfield Co-op Band. From 2000, as the Whitewebbs Motor Museum Brass Band, we enjoyed the kind support of the Enfield and District Veteran Vehicle Society.

In November 2006, the band name reverted to "The Enfield Brass Band", as part of a successful move to its current home at Capel Manor College, (www.capel.ac.uk), Bullsmoor Lane, Enfield. The association with Capel Manor has provided the band with an excellent rehearsal facility and safeguarded the financial and playing future of the band with regular playing engagements in support of college events.