This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.
Crwbin Silver Band
The Band was formed in 1891 by Mr John Bevan of the three compasses pub in Crwbin who gave the band £90 to buy new instruments.
The first musical director of the band was Mr David Harries and the first conductor of band was Mr William Richards.
The first set of uniforms were bought in 1937 and in 2003 the band recieved a new set of uniforms to contest in.
The bandroom was opened in 1971 and in 2002 a new bandroom was built for the band.