Archived Histories of Brass Bands 
    
 
Bands Directory   |   Events   |   Products & Services   |   People   |   Organisations   |   Reference   |   About IBEW   |   Contact
 


This page is part of an archive of historical details from existing or defunct brass band websites. This is being maintained to provide a record of this information in the event of a band folding, its website disappearing or other loss of the historical record. Where possible, and appropriate, the information cached will be updated from time to time - and any corrections or updates are welcome.



Christchurch and Highclffe Band

Christchurch and Highcliffe Brass Band have existed under different names since 1907 due to changes in rehearsal bases. The band started life as the Highcliffe Silver Band when they rehearsed in the Highcliffe Library building later becoming Highcliffe British Legion Silver Band until the British Legion Club was demolished for housing development. Having been offered a room in the Highcliffe Sports and Social Club the band name changed accordingly again. Some six years ago the Band moved to the Highcliffe Youth Club and this became their new rehearsal base. At this time the Christchurch Council offered to support the Band, and it took on the present name of Christchurch and Highcliffe Band.